Set up an emulator
- Open Tizen IDE.
- If you don’t see the Connection Explorer toolbox, open it with menu Window > Show View > Connection Explorer
- In the Connection Explorer, click the first icon to launch the Emulator Manager
- If you are doing this for the first time, create a new VM (virtual machine). It should work best if you enter a name and leave everything else at the default values. You can create multiple VMs. For more info, refer to Tizen’s documentation.
- Click the play button on the VM to launch it. Wait for it to finish starting up and reach the home/lock screen.
- A new virtual device will appear in the Connection Explorer toolbox.
Set up a device
- Open Tizen IDE
- On the device, enable “USB debugging” found in Settings > Developer options.
- Connect the device to your computer with a USB cable.
- a. Mac: The device will be recognized immediately and ready to go.
- b. Windows: You’ll be prompted to install new device drivers, which Windows will find automatically.
- The device will appear in the Connection Explorer toolbox of Tizen IDE.
Transfer and test
- You should have already imported and built you project in the Project Explorer.
- You should see either a real device or an emulator in the Connection Explorer.
- Select the project you want to test.
- Menu Run > Run As > Tizen Web Application
- The app will transfer to the device and start.
When testing your app, you want to pay particular attention to screen size issues, proper use of the back button, and Open URL behaviors. These are the things that have the most potential to differ compared to preview in Creator.