GameSalad is comprised of two technology components:
1. Creator – A game development environment where game development actually takes place.
GameSalad Creator runs on:
- Macs – OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Newer. (44.5 MB Download)
- PCs – Windows 7 and Newer. (55 KB Download /118 MB when unpacked)
- Chromebooks (only supported with the web version)
- Core 2 Duo or later CPU required
- Minimum of 2GB of RAM recommended
2. Viewer App – This is where Students can actually play the games they create.
The GameSalad Viewer can be downloaded on to the following devices:
- iPhone 4 and later (iOS 7 and later)
- iPads (iOS 7 and later)
- Android Devices (Running 2.3.3 – Gingerbread and later)
- Kindle Fire Tablets (All versions)
- Most Browsers (Chrome and Firefox work best)
- Amazon Fire Phones
You can download GameSalad from here.
The web version of GameSalad is accessible here.
GameSalad Creator uses standard http / https ports depending on the various stage of launching and login. The launcher connects to urls rooted at http://s3.amazonaws.com/gs.deploy/ and http://deploy.gamesalad.com/. The former is used to download versioning data while the latter is redirected to our CDN for larger downloaded files.
The login process connects to urls rooted at https://auth.gamesalad.com.
Once logged in, the app can be run in offline mode for up to 7 days. However, at that time, it will attempt to revalidate your account status. We recommend that you allow the app to access http://s3.amazonaws.com/gs.deploy/ and https://auth.gamesalad.com for uninterrupted service.